Wednesday 16 October 2013

Gran Canaria

So my line of work sometimes takes me overseas, I've had the pleasure of being able to operate from Canada, USA, Crete, Mainland Spain and Gran Canaria previously, but never for more than a month or so at a time, however this Winter I get to spend 6 months on the island of Gran Canaria, I'll be operating holiday style from my apartment and portable at the beach, I'll be using around 80W at the apartment and 10W when on the beach with the following equipment:

Icom IC703
100W portable amp
Buddipole antenna system
MFJ1979 telescopic antenna
LiPo cells portable
Mydel power supply at the apartment
Bands 10-40m

I'll also be taking a paddle key with me and hope to brush up on my CW skills, it's probably 11/12 years since I last used CW, so it's going to be a steep learning curve, again!

My equipment has already been shipped out and I fly out on 28th October, returning to the UK on 28th April.

Hope to work you as EA8/G7DIE/P

No comments:

Post a Comment